Alexandra Kurland is returning to Scotland to give a three-day clinic from Friday 15th to Sunday 17th June. There will be an Introductions session on the evening of Thursday 14th. The clinic will take place in Nether Glenton, Monymusk, Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
Alexandra Kurland is one of the foremost trainers in positive reinforcement. She is the author of many books and 19 DVDs on this work. She works with trainers of all species. Her background is in training horses and classical work but trainers of all species have benefitted hugely from her expertise. Her speciality is balance for the horse and handler/rider. She is on the faculty of many International conferences, WOOF, ClickerExpo, ORCA etc and gives regular clinics in Sutton, Canada, the home of Cavalia.
Places are limited and will be on a first come, first served basis. There are a maximum of 6 horse places and 9 places for non-horse participants. As with all of Alex’s courses, there will be rope-work, balance work, human-horse simulations etc so the non-horse people will be kept active and busy too.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a place
£480 for with-horse place. £240 for non-horse place. Deposit £100: Please email email@example.com and you will receive a PayPal invoice. (You don’t need to have a PayPal account to pay, just a credit or debit card.) Your deposit payment confirms your place. The balance for the course fee is due on or before 31st May 2017
Accommodation: For those who are travelling to this event, there are several options
- Knoweheadcroft B & B is ideally located within walking distance of Nether Glenton. Phone: 01467 651438; mobile 07846 119483 http://www.knoweheadcroftbandb.co.uk
- Bennachie Lodge Hotel, Kemnay is a short drive away http://www.bennachielodge.co.uk Phone +441467642789
Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grant Arms Hotel Also a short drive away. http://www.grantarmsmonymusk.com Phone: 01467 651 226 Email:email@example.com
If you plan on bringing a tent, caravan or motorhome:
Haughton House Holiday Park, Alford, is a wonderful campsite just a short distance away by car. They also provide holiday homes and apartments. Phone 019755 62107 http://www.haughtonhouse.co.uk
Other important info:
- Alex does an introductions session the evening before each clinic. This will take place in the classroom at Nether Glenton at 7:30pm There will be tea/coffee and bikkies. During this session we get to introduce ourselves to Alex and the group. This is an opportunity for everyone to say what they would like to learn/achieve over the course the clinic. Alex will also fill us in on her thoughts and plans for the following 3 days. By having the introductions the evening before, it means that we can start straight in at 9am the first morning the worksop.
- Be warned….Clinic days do tend to be long so make sure you bring enough sustenance to keep you going for the day 🙂
- There will be onsite accommodation for a limited number of horses in the form of electric fence tape corrals.
- There is a classroom for chats, discussions, tea and coffees. Horses and handlers will be playing/working in an outdoor arena, so please bring suitable outdoor gear.
- Please leave your dogs at home. Free range chickens and red squirrels will all be at Nether Glenton so it is imperative that you please respect this request. 🙂
- No stallions or young stock (horses under 3 years old) please.
If you have any questions or queries, then please direct them to me, Mary. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. or message me on +353 87 1370162. I don’t promise an immediate answer but will definitely get back to you within 48 hours 🙂